Pomonal Primary School is part of the Grampians Cluster of Small Schools. The four schools involved support each other, share group days, sport and camping activities and curriculum initiatives for teachers.
The town of Pomonal was named after the Roman Goddess Pomona, goddess of orchards and fruit trees. With the establishment of orchards in the area the school began in 1887. The original school building still remains as an administration room.
The school is a vital part of the friendly village community of Pomonal. In 2017 there are seven staff, consisting of one principal who currently oversees two schools, two full time teachers, effective full time (EFT) 0.6 business manager, EFT 0.2 art teacher, EFT 0.05 language teacher and EFT 0.2 teacher devoted to intervention student support.
The Pomonal/Halls Gap playgroup is based at Pomonal School and hold regular weekly playtimes for pre-school children.
Events & Reminders